Sailing Holiday Paradise
From wonderful Mallorca to extraordinary Formentera these islands have something for every taste. Whether you want to party all night long in the exciting nightlife of San Antonio or searching to sail in quiet coves to escape the crowds‚ these islands have it all. Mallorca is the biggest island in the archipelago with the beautiful mountains of the Sierra de Tramuntana (World Heritage Site) and the scenic West Coast beaches. Ibiza is the party capital of the Balearic Islands and‚ perhaps‚ of Europe; along with the buzzing nightlife‚ it has a great number of coves and secluded places where you can sail in peace. Menorca is the island for sailors who’d like to spend a peaceful sailing holiday. Formentera has been a hippie haven since the 60s and has miles long of beautiful white sand beaches.
Notes from Balearic Islands
- Discover hidden Treasure of Ferrerías Municipality: Cala Mitjana cove is the perfect spot to enjoy Menorca at its best on your yacht charter - as long as you don’t go there in July or August‚ when it can be overcrowded.
- Indulge in Catalan Specialties: Enjoy a mouthwatering plate of Caldereta de llagosta (a lobster stew cooked with tomatoes)‚ salted cod‚ grilled prawns and squid cooked in hearty garlic.
- Combine your love of the mountains with your sailing holiday: The Serra de Tramuntana‚ named World Heritage Site in 2011‚ is not be missed for hikers.
- Visit the Balearic Capital: Take a day off your yacht charter holiday and visit one of the most vibrant cities in the world; Palma de Mallorca. This charming Mediterranean city has a stunning cathedral‚ exciting nightlife and a large number of impressive marinas.
- Bareboat or Skippered: If you are a “good captain”‚ you may prefer bareboat. But if you decide to hire a skipper for your yacht charter in Balearic Islands‚ your experienced skipper will take you the most secluded bays and coves and tell the stories of these places.